Thursday, July 17, 2008

prayer power

I took an opportunity to pray with two of my staff this week- -one of which was in crisis . I know that the Spirit prompted me as I set up a "if this condition is this way, then I'll know you want me to do this" situation; i got my answer and the three of us prayed away from other staff- -the tears flowed and my "crisis" person received the ...peace that passes all understanding...and thanked us. I then referred Her to Pastor Jeff who gave Her much needed advise and She has had a different perspective for the balance of the week. Obeying like this is not easy and i'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything like that, but to listen to the prompts, take a risk, and obey is what can really make the difference to those that need help desperately! Jeff Mangum

1 comment:

Christie said...

I know I'm a bit delayed in reading and responding to this but what an awesome thing. It is so hard to do the right thing. Sometimes you feel like you know what you should do but then is the timing right?? So many uncertainties......I love that God saw the fleece that you put out and responded.